UK holiday airline Jet2.com has expanded its winter 23/24 schedule of flights to Iceland giving customers more choice of dates for trips from nine UK airports.
The increase means that Newcastle Airport (NCL/EGNT) will feature for the first time in the 23/24 season.
Other airports featured in the Winter 23/24 program include Manchester (MAN/EGCC), Leeds Bradford (LBA/EGNM), Birmingham (BHX/EGBB), Belfast International (BFS/EGAA), Bristol (BRS/EGGD), Edinburgh (EDI/EGPH), East Midlands (EMA/EGNX) and Glasgow (GLA/EGPF).
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “Our programme of flights and city breaks to Iceland continue to be hugely popular, as more customers than ever look to enjoy the stunning natural wonders. On the back of such strong demand, we have expanded our Winter 23/24 programme to Iceland, meaning we can offer more opportunities to visit this beautiful destination at the best times of the year. With a fantastic programme of scheduled services and once-in-a-lifetime trips on sale, we are giving customers and independent travel agents more choice and flexibility and we know this programme will be as popular as previous Iceland programmes.”
He added: “With its huge variety of activities and places to visit such as geothermal spas, geysers, natural parks, the incredible Auroa Borealis or the world’s northernmost capital Reykjavik, Iceland offers a truly memorable and unique holiday experience. Iceland’s appeal, coupled with our VIP customer experience and award-winning benefits, means we are confident of a very successful Winter 23/24 programme.”
Flights to Iceland
All flights to Keflavík International Airport near Reykjavik will be operated by award-winning Jet2.com and the full programme is as follows:
- Brand-new scheduled services operating twice weekly (Wednesday and Sunday) from Newcastle International (exclusive route) Airport between September and November, and from March to April.
- Scheduled services operating from Leeds Bradford Airport (exclusive route) and offering up to two weekly flights (Wednesday and Sunday) from 27th September to 2nd November, and from 27th March to 21st April.
- Scheduled services return from Birmingham (exclusive route) and Manchester Airports, with up to two weekly flights (Monday and Thursday) from 28th September and 27th November, and from 8th February to 22nd April.
- 21 trips to Iceland and the Northern Lights, including seven trips taking place in November and 14 trips between from February and March.
- Belfast International (exclusive route) – three trips in total (one three-night trip in November, one four-night trip in February and one three-night trip in March).
- Bristol – three trips available overall (one four-night trip in November, one four-night trip in February and one three-night trip in March).
- Edinburgh – three trips in total (one four-night trip in November, one three-night trip in February and one four-night trip in March). The November and February trips are perfectly timed for the October and February half-terms.
- East Midlands (exclusive route) – seven trips in total (one three-night trip in November, one four-night trip in November, two three-night trips in February, one three-night trip in March and two four-night trips in March). The three-night trip in November and the two-night trip in February are perfectly timed for the October and February half-terms.
- Glasgow – five trips in total (one three-night trip in November, one four-night trip in November, two four-night trips in February and one three-night trip in March). The first tip taking place in February is perfectly timed for the half-term.