The UK’s biggest tour operator Tui has finally unveiled its plans to start package holidays again from the UK.
The holiday company has confirmed it will start a limited summer programme to eight destinations from three UK airports from 11th July
Tui has chosen its destinations on where it thinks there will be “air bridges” in place which will not require passengers to quarantine on return to the UK.
The destinations include The Balearic Islands, Greece and the Canary Islands flying from London Gatwick, Manchester and Birmingham Airports.
There will be 44 weekly flights to Ibiza, Palma De Mallorca, Corfu, Crete, Kos, Rhodes, Lanzarote and Tenerife.
The group hopes to expand its range of destinations to 19 by the end of July with two more UK airports being served.
Tui hasn’t confirmed what airports they will be but sources close to the holiday company have suggested that the next two airports will be Edinburgh and Bristol.
Managing director of Tui UK and Ireland, Andrew Flintham, said: “We’re really excited to be talking about taking people on holiday again.
“We’re of course still waiting on the government to change its travel advice but we’ve been working really hard behind the scenes and we’re ready to start taking holidaymakers away again in just a few weeks’ time.
“Initially, we are focusing on destinations where we anticipate air bridges being in place, such as Greece and Spain.
“But we know many Brits are eager to travel again, and we have ambitious plans to rapidly increase our programme as soon as possible, to offer even more choice when it comes to holidaying this summer.”
The tour operator is also offering customers the Tui Holiday Promise which is designed to give customers the confidence to book.
The Tui Holiday Promise
To give customers peace of mind, Tui has introduced a Holiday Promise based on the following five commitments:
- Tui standards guaranteed: We promise you’ll have a brilliant Tui holiday. If there are any significant changes at your hotel, resort or destination which will stop this from happening, we won’t take you there;
- 24-hour support: We promise you’ll be supported 24-7 by our holiday reps. Simply download the Tui app or have a chat with our expertly trained staff in your hotel or resort;
- Quarantine-free holidays: We promise we’ll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means we won’t travel anywhere with known isolating measures in place;
- No holiday, no worries: We promise we’ll be in contact as soon as we can if your holiday can’t go ahead due to COVID-19. We’ll offer you the opportunity to change your booking to a different holiday. Or, you can take a refund credit note or a full cash refund;
- We’ve got COVID-19 covered: We promise to introduce extra measures to protect you, as well as us, against COVID-19 – from disinfecting the aircraft cabin to making sure our hotels are deep-cleaned before they reopen.