Do you dread the 9 to 5 routine?, don’t want to be stuck in the daily commute?, is your idea of fun standing on top of an 1950’s biplane flying at 130mph at 1000ft above the ground? Great, then do we have the job for you!
Gloucestershire based AeroSuperBatics, the UK’s only formation wingwalking team, are seeking a new Wingwalker to join their team for 2019.
Ideally, the candidate would come from a dance or fitness background due to the force of the wind pressure when flying at 130mph but the team says that “the ability to keep smiling at the crowd when it starts raining” is as important.
You will work as part of a team and receive full training so previous experience of wingwalking is not needed.
Aside from the wingwalking duties, you will also be required to assist in hosting private experiences.
The successful candidate will get a full time contract will run from April 2019 to end September 2019 with the possibility of additional call-ups during the winter months to perform at international airshows.
If you meet the following criteria then why not send your CV, photograph and covering letter explaining why you would make a great Wingwalker along to [email protected]
- Due to airworthiness and safety limitations the successful candidate will be no shorter than 4ft, no taller than 5ft 4” and weigh no more than 8½ stone
- Level headed and very safety conscious
- Bubbly and outgoing – someone who can happily talk to tv, press, sponsors and members of the public
- Polite and enthusiastic at all times and be a good ambassador for the Company
- Positive attitude and energy
- Proactive with a hardworking ethic – hours can be long in difficult conditions
- A real team player who is happy to help out wherever needed
- Good time keeping and professionalism at all times
- Well-presented and good communicator
- Adaptable and flexibility towards tasks – the role is varied and all team members must be willing to ‘muck in’
- Attention to detail and a quick learner
Earlier this year we met the 2018 recruit, here’s what happened.