Last Updated on
Work to transform the experience for passengers arriving and departing from Cardiff Airport will begin later this month.
The latest phase of the terminal upgrade plans include:
- A Costa Coffee in the Arrivals Hall for those arriving to Wales or friends and family waiting to collect others
- Opening additional seating areas in the Departure Lounge, providing further space to relax before the flight and enjoy views of the airfield
- A Costa Coffee in the Departure Lounge, expanding the choice for customers alongside the existing Caffé Ritazza and The Beer House
- Increased retail space, allowing for a larger WH Smith store, with additional product ranges including ‘Well’ pharmacy
- Expanding the Executive Lounge, allowing for additional seating meaning more customers can take advantage of the exclusive facilities before they fly
- Upgrading the hold baggage screening system to meet enhanced security requirements
- New ‘meet & greet’ car parking for customers with a dedicated area for drop off and pick up close to the terminal building
- New car hire centre close to the terminal building.
Cardiff Airport has seen consistently rising passenger numbers over the last 12 months however many people still see the terminal building as dated and lacking facilities. The Airport hopes the continued upgrade will change perceptions ahead of the launch of Qatar Airways daily service to Doha next year.
Deb Barber, CEO at Cardiff Airport said; “We are delighted to share our plans for the airport development as it shows our commitment to achieve our vision of being an outstanding capital city airport delivering an exceptional customer experience.
“We have achieved a huge amount over the last few years and improved the experience for our customers but know there is still much more we can do to ensure we exceed expectations.
“The latest investment will significantly transform the experience for customers, offering more choice and quality in modern, welcoming surroundings. This is especially important at a time when we are experiencing passenger growth and working with our airline partners to introduce more choice in services for our customers.
“We look forward to the projects being completed over the coming months and our customers enjoying the new facilities next summer.”
The post Cardiff Airport hopes terminal upgrade will change perceptions appeared first on Aviation Wales.
Source: Aviation Wales