Air Italy A330

Qatar Airways backed Air Italy ceases operations

Italian airline Air Italy has today ceased operations and entered liquidation following a meeting of shareholders earlier today. The airline is 49% owned by Qatar Airways with the other 51% being owned by Alisarda, a holding company formed from another former Italian airline. Air Italy was formerly known as Meridiana [read more]